Monday, September 6, 2010

Red Goose Gardens offers a seasonal Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program. Here is how it works: We grow over 60 kinds of vegetables, fruits, flowers and herbs near Shelly, MN. Local households buy shares of what we produce. Once a week, we harvest 6 to 12 kinds of produce, pack it into boxes for our shareholders and deliver them to drop sites (home delivery is also available) in the Fargo - Moorhead area, Grand Forks, Crookston, and Mayville.

 

We're throwing our annual Harvest party!
 
September 18th 
4:00- ?
at the Farm
(Red Goose Gardens)


We are excited to invite you, our friends and members to celebrate the harvest. Please join us for good company, good food and good music. The Simon Rowe Trio will be playing from 6 - 9pm. Following the music we will build a fire.

Bring a blanket or some chairs, perhaps some beer or wine, and even a tent if you like!

We will set up a juice bar and cook up a few of our favorite dishes. Please bring a dish to share as well. There will be a grill available.

Please use the comment tool to share with others what you are bringing. I, however, would be happy if you all showed up with dark chocolate brownies!

11 comments:

  1. I will bring a home-baked bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Yom Kippur, we'll be there to break the fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll also bring a home-baked bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could make it. I hope ya'll have the best time ever. I'd totally bring the Aunt Kathy Cookies. Alas, I've have to send them to you some time. I'm kind of running on to little sleep and too much coffee. Perhaps if I make them Wednesday and send them out Thursday they'll make it to you by Saturday. I'll let you know if I do get around to it. Hope everything is running smoothly around the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will bring the dessert! Brownies for all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family and I are coming but don't know what to bring yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark and I will bring a wild rice dish--a really local food with some locally grown add ins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm bringing hubby John and his band--Ogg Creek String Band.
    Oh, the food--probably some veggie appetizer things and beer/wine. Was going to bring zucchini bread, but looks like a lot of folks will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tractor picture!! Have a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We can't wait! We're bringing buffalo chili, homemade salsa, and our tent camper! [For breakfast, we're bringing the ingredients for an egg bake - my sister's favorite recipe!] Packing the final items this morning...see you all very soon!
    --Amy & Thomas and the gang

    ReplyDelete